This El Yunque Rainforest tour offers a magical look at the rainforest post-Hurricane Maria. Swim in a waterfall, take a cultural dance class, and more.
Availability: Wednesday and Friday
Duration: About 7 hours
- Person Up to 6 People
- Group 7+ People | Per Person
El Yunque Rainforest waterfall hike
Puerto Rico Tour Desk is excited to announce that we have added a new “Full-Day Rainforest Adventure” tour to give you an opportunity to continue enjoying the rainforest post-Hurricane Maria.
This tour begins with a visit to the big mudslide in the area caused by Hurricane Maria (09/20/17). Afterward, we will see the highest peak of the rainforest, El Toro Peak (3,523 feet [1,070 meters]). We will learn where Hurricane Maria first entered Puerto Rico and enjoy a picturesque view of the Caribbean Sea. If lucky, we can also see hang gliders and the red tail hawk floating in the breeze.
Next, we will visit the waterfall that has no name. After being a local secret for years, PRTD is happy to now be able to serve tours to this hidden waterfall spot. The hike to the waterfall is about 25 minutes and will consist of trudging in mud, on uneven, rocky surfaces, and through high grass. All this hard work will be worth it to see our local waterfall gem. For those who dare, we can climb up the waterfall to visit another waterfall with a natural, deep pool area that strong swimmers can jump into.
After relaxing and enjoying this site, we will head out to eat authentic Puerto Rican food. This restaurant features farm artifacts during the ’20s and ’30s. Finally, we will wrap up this tour by relaxing on the beach.
Book your Puerto Rico waterfall tour online.
- Excursions available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays ONLY
- Pick up at 9:30 am and we will return at 4:30 pm approximately (May vary depending on the number of participants)
- Our guide can change the order and logistics of the tour due to weather or unforeseen circumstances
- We will stop for authentic Puerto Rican lunch but it’s not included
- Due to the nature of this excursion, Puerto Rico Tour Desk requires participants to be in good health and physical condition. Participants may travel on uneven and slippery terrain and wade in moving water. Parts of the hikes may have some incline and require balance.
- Cancellation policy: Full refund if made 48 hours before the tour time. 50% refund is made within the 24 to 48-hour range. No refund if cancellation occurs within 24 hours.
- Puerto Rico Tour Desk reserves the right to cancel or limit your participation based on your physical condition. If this happens at the last minute due to an undisclosed medical or physical condition you will be responsible to pay the full amount of your trip.
- Minimum number of people required: 4 – There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the minimum. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Age requirement: 10 to 65 years old (active seniors). Note: It is at your own risk to include younger children in this tour.
- Everybody should be aware of their own limitations; PLEASE DON’T PUSH YOURSELF – SAFETY FIRST!
- Gratuities are not included in the price but highly appreciated
- Wear tennis shoes that have a good grip, hiking sandals or hiking boots
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Swimsuits already on
- A change of clothes
- Camera or water camera