Enjoy panoramic views of Puerto Rico’s east coast from Luquillo Beach, where you can sip a piña colada from a pineapple! We also visit La Coca Falls.
Availability: Sunday and Thursday
Duration: 8.5 hours
- Person Up to 6 People
- Group 7+ People | Per Person
Visit Mosquito Bay from San Juan
The best way to see Mosquito Bay and save money and time is by booking through Puerto Rico Tour Desk! We are the only company that will take you from the mainland out to Vieques and have you back at your hotel by midnight!
Don’t keep searching because it will always bring you back to us. We have exclusivity on this amazing tour of the best-preserved bio bay, so you can enjoy this unique natural phenomenon. Take a boat ride to Vieques, home of the brightest and best protected bioluminescent Bay. The world-famous Mosquito Bay is home of the Pyrodinium Bahamense, the single-celled organism responsible for this amazing and magic glow.
There are no words to fully describe how amazing glow of the bio bay really is; it is a must-see phenomenon! Vieques is undoubtedly the brightest and best bioluminescent bay in the world. Tests have shown that the bioluminescent Bay in Vieques contains around 720,000 bioluminescent organisms per gallon of water. This concentration is so great that if you splash the water it will cause them to emit enough light so you could read the print on a book in the dead of night. If you dip your hands in the water, it will drip crystals of light like tiny sparkling diamonds.
Book your Vieques bio bay tour online today.
- Round-trip transportation
- Sunset boat ride from Fajardo to Vieques
- Bio bay tour
- Sandwich, water or soda
- Safety rules, paddle training & life jackets
- 2 people per kayak (combined weight of up to 450 lbs.)
- 2 hrs kayaking tour
- You kayak in a lagoon, no open ocean
- You can eat a snack with the vendors or food trucks in the marina area before the trip
- 1 person on their own, the guides will assign you a partner
- From 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm – late lunch in Fajardo Rest. (Lunch is not included)
- 4:45 pm – Boat check-in
- From 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Sunset boat Ride to Vieques
- From 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm – Transportation from the Pier to the Kayak check-in
- Boat Back to Fajardo at 10:00pm
- This pick-up time might change. Any changes; you will be notified.
- Old San Juan, Pickup at 2:45 pm in Plaza Colón (Be there 10 minutes before)
- Convention Center Hotel District, Pickup at 2:45 pm (Be at hotel lobby 10 minutes before)
- Condado Hotel District, Pickup at 3:00 pm (Be at hotel lobby 10 minutes before)
- Ocean Park, Pickup at 3:20 pm in Kasalta Bakery (Be there 10 minutes before)
- Isla Verde Hotels, Pickup at 3:30 pm (Be at hotel lobby 10 minutes before)
- Luquillo, Rio Grande Hotels, Fajardo Hotels, Meet us at CVS in Fajardo at 4:45 pm
- Water shoes or flip flops
- Swimsuits already on
- Towels and change of clothes
- Water camera (optional)
- Long sleeved T-shirt or a long sleeved surf shirt
- Eating, drinking or smoking inside our natural reserve is prohibited
- Swimming is not allowed. From April 2009, the Department of Natural and Environmental Resources (DRNA) prohibited this activity to protect the micro-organisms (“dinoflagellates”) living in the Bio-Bay.
- The tour is not cancelled on rainy days
- Only available on dates on booking calendar, our dates take into account the lunar schedule ( we do not go out on the full moon cycle )
- Ages 5 years and up (pregnant women beyond their 5 month, people with epilepsy, back problems, recently undergone surgery, or have a heart condition, not recommended)