This El Yunque Rainforest tour offers a magical look at the rainforest post-Hurricane Maria. Swim in a waterfall, take a cultural dance class, and more.
Duration: 5.5 hours
- Person Up to 6 People
- Group 7+ | Per Person
Enjoy the beautiful Carite Rainforest on a food tour from San Juan
This tour begins with a visit to Carite Rainforest, located in the southeast of Puerto Rico, just 37 miles from San Juan, where you will be exposed to the real countryside of the island. After the rainforest visit, we will have lunch in the famous Lechoneras.
Carite Rainforest is situated at the beginning of the Cordillera Central mountain range, which divides the north from the south. All the rain from El Yunque Rainforest (El Yunque National Forest) continues on in the Carite Rainforest (averaging 82 inches yearly). The forest has an elevation of 3,000 feet over the sea level. Since 1939, the government of Puerto Rico protected 7,000 acres to date.
During the Carite, Puerto Rico tour, we will take a low impact walk/hike (20 minutes) towards the famous Charco Azul or “Blue Hole” and swim in its beautiful blue water. The blue color of the water is due to the minerals and pH level. During the walk/hike, you will be exposed to the topography, geology, flora and fauna environment with the help of our professional and certified tour guides.
Afterward, we will provide you with some of the best authentic Puerto Rican lunch (with veggie options). The star of the show will be the roasted pork, and you will be able to say that you visited the famous Pork Highway in Puerto Rico alongside the restaurant El Rancho Original. This restaurant has been featured in shows such as Bizarre Foods, Travel Channel and Food Network.
Finally, we will wrap up the tour with local Puerto Rican coffee by visiting a coffee plantation (30 minutes away), where you will learn about the history of coffee and the coffee production process. You may also buy coffee to bring home with you and support the local economy of the area.
- Round-trip transportation
- We take photos of your experience and is included in the price
- We have limited walking sticks and backpacks as needed
- Ponchos for borrowing as needed
- We are going to provide pictures of the adventure for free! But is highly recommended that participants bring their own camera (we are not responsible for electronics)
- Excursions available on Sunday ONLY
- Pick up at 10 a.m. and we will return at 3:30 p.m. approximately (may vary depending on the number of participants)
- We will stop for authentic Puerto Rican lunch but it’s not included
- Cancellation policy: Full refund if made 48 hours before the tour time. 50% refund if made within the 24- to 48-hour range. No refund if cancellation occurs within 24 hours.
- Minimum number of people required: 4 – There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the minimum. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Age requirement: 6 to 65 years old (active seniors)
- Everybody should be aware of their own limitations; PLEASE DON’T PUSH YOURSELF – SAFETY FIRST!
- Gratuities are not included in the price but highly appreciated
- Swimsuits already on and towels
- Wear tennis shoes that have a grip or hiking shoes (recommended)
- Dress comfortably, such as in a t-shirt and shorts (NO jeans)
- Comfortable shoes (sandals, flip flops, etc) for after the tour
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Sunblock, sunglasses and a change of clothes
- Due to the nature of this excursion, Puerto Rico Tour Desk requires participants to be in good health and physical condition. Participants may travel on uneven and slippery terrain and wade in moving water. Parts of the hikes may have some incline and require balance.
- If you have a medical or physical condition, which makes participating in these activities dangerous for you, you should NOT participate.
- Pregnant women are not advised to participate in our tours, due to the high level of risk involved.
- Puerto Rico Tour Desk reserves the right to cancel or limit your participation based on your physical condition. If this happens at the last minute due to an undisclosed medical or physical condition you will be responsible to pay the full amount of your trip